Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

SP#1: Unit 4 Concept 1: Graphing a quadratic and identifying all key parts

This problem is about Quadratics in standard form. I shifted the quadratic from standard form to a parent function making my sketch of the graph more accurate and detailed.With the parent function, I completed the square in order to find my graphing equation which allowed me to find the vertex, y-intercept, and axis of symmetry. Then I solved that equation to get my x-intercepts.

You have to pay attention to how I completed the square, used f(x)=a(x-h)^2+k to determine vertex, y-intercept, axis, & x-intercept(s), and ultimately drew my graph.(h,k) determines what my vertex is. Solving the standard form when x=0 gives me my y-intercept. My axis of symmetry is the x-value of my vertex.

No comments:

Post a Comment